FOLLOW US

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ferrari 458 Italia Chased


I was taking my usual rounds on this Sunday with my stereo on listening to Burn It to the Ground by Nickel back. It was past 3 in the afternoon and the sun was scorching through my helmet, desperate to remove my helmet, darn!

There was a thunderous noise which captured my attention though I had my ear-phones on. I started being restless to find what it was. I was at the traffic signal waiting for the signal to turn green to take shade from the terrible sun while, I could hear the noise again nearing me. I shook my head to the road adjacent to where I was and I hear the sound once again, a gorgeous Italian beauty, is what I could say. I couldn’t resist, I jumped the signal to catch the extreme supercar, the Ferrari 458 Italia. I chased the Italia for almost 1.5km and through out the chase my mind was completely captured by the Italian masterpiece! una brillantezza automotive!


The 458 Italia is a replacement of the Ferrari F430 which was produced during 2004-2009. The 458 Italia was unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show. Though the 458 Italia is said to be the successor of the F430, the 458 Italia possesses an entirely new design, incorporating technologies developed from the company's experience in Formula 1.

The gorgeous 458 Italia is powered by a 4.5 Litre V8 engine, producing 562 prancing horses @ 9,000 rpm and 540 N·m @ 6,000 rpm.

The 458 Italia felt as if it is polishing the road, it has an excellent handing note, the suspension features double wishbones at the front and a multi-link set-up at the rear, coupled with E-Diff and F1-Trac traction control systems.

Ferrari’s official figures say 0-100 km/h acceleration is under 3.4 seconds and achieves a top speed of 325 km/h. You need to get behind a 458 Italia to experience the exhaust note, when I say behind it’s actually behind the car  J J!!!


The 458 Italia’s body was designed by Pininfarina, as with all recent Ferrari models. It’s an automotive art showcasing aerodynamic efficiency. The front grill of the Italia features deformable winglets that lower at high speeds, in order to offer reduced drag. The interesting part of the interior is, it was designed using input from former Formula 1 race icon Michael Schumacher.

after the chase… Ferrari 458 Italia un vero e proprio marchio italiano

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about automotive conversation here at Exotics in India :)
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure you check back again, because I do make
every effort to reply to your comments.

Designed By Published.. Blogger Templates